Commercial Manager Salary: up to £65k + package location: London
Do you consider yourself to be an all-rounder, someone who can deliver across a wide variety of disciplines within Commercial and Contract Management?
Are you keen to take on a new challenge and join a diversely experienced team where you can develop and grow in your career?
Has your current role run its course and now you are chomping at the bit to move on and move up?
At Arguile Search we are supporting a highly successful energy business, and despite their market Cap being in the 10’s of billions they aren’t necessarily a household name.
It’s our opinion, however, that they have some of the best commercial people in the industry and they pride themselves on retaining talent. They excel at securing deals based on their commercial innovation and deep understanding of the client’s needs, this is great platform for the smart and ambitious individual.
The good news is they are on the hunt for a Commercial Manager, with the successful candidate being able to demonstrate that they are:
- Passionate about working on some of the most complex contracts in the energy industry
- An all-rounder, able to cover, pre-sig, contract management and well as complex supplier contracts
- Able to operate with a level of freedom and autonomy and make decisions within Group Commercial policy, but support and feedback will be there as and when it’s needed
- Able to demonstrate a level of experience in Commercial and Contract Management perhaps through an apprenticeship or grad scheme
- Alternatively, you may have started a career in legal or procurement before moving to commercial and working on several complex projects
The day-to-day competencies expected by the client will include:
- Identify the risks, liabilities, and commitments of contractual agreements; ensure these are clearly understood and that the business fully appreciates any potential impact
- Review, draft, update and maintain contract documents
- Monitor and report performance and compliance against contractual obligations including commercial performance, financial management and contract management
- Monitor customer satisfaction
- Work with the contract delivery teams to ensure that the management of change request process and change implementation is carried out in line with the contracts.
- Report on progress of change requests and projects
- Review contract performance, assessing commercial risks and ensuring appropriate steps are taken to manage the risk
- Prevent and resolve contractual disputes
- Assuring adherence to Group Commercial Policy
- Supporting the client engagement teams in all commercial aspects, post contract signature, to achieve the orders, profit and cash budget and overall management of the Client relationship
- Support the delivery streams who are responsible for the delivery of projects and provide clear direction working with the client engagement team
If this role is a fit for you and you are actively seeking a new challenge, we would love to talk to you.
Please contact Robyn.Davies@arguilesearch.com for more information