Up to £70,000 plus 10% car allowance
Hybrid role working in their Sheffield office 2/3 days per week
This role is perfect for a deal maker, someone who thrives on the cut and thrust of complex negotiations and getting a contract over the line. It’s a pure new business pre signature role and these are rare in Commercial.
What’s more is that you would be working for a world-renowned engineering company, supporting the Head of Commercial in driving business winning.
Autonomy is the name of the game here and our client is looking for an individual with a passion and drive that goes hand in hand with their broad experience. Not only to oversee potential risks, but to identify opportunity.
Here’s an overview of the role to whet your appetite further:
- Working in a deployed role within the business winning department under the direction of the Chief Growth Officer and also in close collaboration with Finance, Operations, Supply Chain and other functions, you will lead on all commercial aspects of bidding and deal closure (e.g. drafting and/or reviewing terms and conditions, managing risk, challenging costs, developing pricing strategies, etc)
- You will advise the sales team, Chief Growth Officer and wider Executive Leadership Team with respect to contractual issues and business risks.
- Lead contract negotiations with the customer and advise/build consensus with the senior management on how to proceed with the bid at each stage
- You will skilfully identify, manage and implement actions to mitigate risks and liabilities.
- You will draw on your experience to identify and demonstrate to the contract delivery team potential opportunities for margin improvement post contract award.
- Hand over to the delivery team and then move onto the next deal once the contract is at pre signature
A successful candidate will need to:
- Have previous experience as a Commercial Manager
- Be able to demonstrate your experience in supporting business winning activities and the direct impact you have made to closing deals with values in excess of £10m
- Be comfortable operating in a leadership role
- Have experience of drafting legal/commercially technical terms and conditions
- Be able to demonstrate a pro-active and pragmatic approach to risk management and demonstrate the ability to identify and deliver opportunities for margin improvement
If you would like to find out more about this role, we would love to hear from you!
Please contact Venetia.Southwell@arguilesearch.com